Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lights, delays, and school!

Even the best laid plans have to have some problems, right? Like wanting to update this blog every week =). So, no update from last week, but I did get a small home project done. I added a motion sensor light above the back door to the garage so that Kari and I have light when we walk out of the house and to the garage. That project slowly was moving its way up the priority list as we both were getting more and more frustrated fumbling with keys at the door.
I’m still eyeing the project of adding the medicine cabinet and after my slight foray into the world of electrickery again, I’m a bit more confident I can re-route the power that I’ve spotted running through the 2x4 where the cabinet is supposed to be installed. Maybe I’ll do that one next weekend. This is a relaxing weekend. I can have one of those every once in a while!

Kari is going to be going on business travel next week. I think this is good news. If the company wants to spend money on her to travel just to get her job done better, it means they're investing in her future. All around good in my opinion.

School started last week as well. I’m taking Digital Circuitry (3rd year physics course) and a social history course focused on early modern Europe (mid 14th to 18th century), which should be the last of my peripheral classes supporting my major that I need to complete. Well, there are two more math classes and the other six will be computer science courses. But, I’m not concerned overly much about the math classes. Those are just fun and besides, I’m opting for the harder of the classes offered (4th year classes over the 2nd year ones) because they satisfy the last of the requirements for the math minor and if I decide to go back for a master’s degree, I may go for mathematics over computer science. We’ll see. I’m just happy that I’m getting closer to finishing. Ten courses left and I’m in two of those right now. I can only hope that the schedule for the classes they offer over the next couple of semesters allow me to take more than just two classes a semester. Of course, if I decide to continue on and get my physics minor as well, then I’ll need to take two additional classes. I’ll see how “burnt out” I am at that point. I may just want to get out with my diploma and go back after taking a semester or two off. There are only seven classes after the BS in Computer Science to get the MS in Computer Science. That doesn’t seem too bad, but then again, there’s that whole thesis project/paper. I’d have to check with the math department to see how many classes I’d need to take to qualify into the graduate program for math. Something to look into I suppose.

Thanks for reading and I’ll try to be a bit more timely on my updates here.

Oh, and HDTV rocks!

3 comments:

  1. With only 8 more classes remaining does that mean 2 more years? Getting close. Who is teaching the Early Modern European History course? I took that class and loved it. Lots of focus on how the Catholic church attempted to insert itself into local populations.

    I'm pretty sure you've earned yourself a nice relaxing weekend.

    Where is Kari going and why are they sending her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lights? Bah! You're messing with Darwinism. You should be evolving and adapting with low light vision by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get Blogspot to send me an email when people post comments =). Anyways, to address the comments from Marc: 2 years at the most, I'm hoping. Depending on the schedule of the classes and all. Ann Elwood is the instructor. Interesting class so far. Dr. Elwood's focus for this class is the evolution of justice and not so much on the church. As for where they're sending Kari? Well, you'll just need to read the latest entry =).
    Kevin's comments: I have low light, I'm working more on ultrasonic and Kari is still working on her low light vision, so it helps her out.

    ReplyDelete